About VAT Applications
VAT Applications develops VAT software applications at EU level that allow businesses to determine the correct VAT treatment of their transactions and automate their entire VAT reporting.
About VAT House Services
VAT House Services provides VAT compliance for foreign companies in Belgium and Belgian companies abroad.
Both VAT Applications and VAT House Services were recently taken over by Avalara, a global player in compliance services and the automation of indirect taxes, which has considerably increased the possible career opportunities.
Masters in Law or Economy or Higher Masters in Taxation and:
- Previous work experience not required, although 1-2 years’ experience in VAT compliance is welcome
- Flexible attitude and willingness to learn
- English and Dutch or French
- The ability to speak and read any of the following languages to a certain extent is particularly welcome: Romanian, Italian, Modern Greek, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish, Slovenian, Bulgarian or another Slavic language.
- Monitoring the VAT laws of various countries and processing changes to the law
- Filing Belgian and foreign VAT returns for third parties
Place of employment